These tall cut flower varieties were bred for early flowering under short day conditions and low temperatures. Therefore, they excel in autumn/winter/spring and are very useable when the days are shorter, temperatures are lower and less nitrogen is available. Sakata’s sunflowers bloom more quickly under short day length, approximately 50 days from sowing. Under long days flowers will be produced in approximately 60-80 days. All of Sakata’s sunflowers are of uniflora type and pollen free and are less susceptible to Botrytis at harvesting stage.
- F1 Hybrid quality
- Bred for production under low nitrogen, low light level and low temperature conditions
- Short growing period
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor production schemes
- Fast into bloom under short day length conditions
- Best manageable under low temperatures
- Uniform during winter production
“Information copied from the breeder.
Muller will not accept any liability for failure and/or damage as a consequence of incorrect and/or inexpert cultivation by or on behalf of the Buyer.”